Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Minimalist Living Vs. Food Hoarding


Do you ever watch those 'reality' shows about people buying tons of stuff and paying very little because of all the coupons they use? I find it amazing and tiring all at the same time.

I do admire their food pantries though. It is amazing how much food they have stashed away! They could feed their families for more than a year! Some may laugh at this, I used to myself, but now I wonder if that isn't such a bad idea. If you're going to hoard anything, it might as well be food.

My philosophy on living has always been along the lines of a simple, minimalistic life. One very much like the type of living Joshua Becker speaks of at Becoming Minimalist. I like to keep very little junk and clutter around the house. The idea of hoarding anything really bothers me, but lately I've seriously been considering putting away a little food and supplies in case of an emergency.

I think everyone with kids should have extra food and water put away in case of emergency or disaster.
Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment