Minimalist Living Vs. Food Hoarding


Do you ever watch those 'reality' shows about people buying tons of stuff and paying very little because of all the coupons they use? I find it amazing and tiring all at the same time.

I do admire their food pantries though. It is amazing how much food they have stashed away! They could feed their families for more than a year! Some may laugh at this, I used to myself, but now I wonder if that isn't such a bad idea. If you're going to hoard anything, it might as well be food.

My philosophy on living has always been along the lines of a simple, minimalistic life. One very much like the type of living Joshua Becker speaks of at Becoming Minimalist. I like to keep very little junk and clutter around the house. The idea of hoarding anything really bothers me, but lately I've seriously been considering putting away a little food and supplies in case of an emergency.

I think everyone with kids should have extra food and water put away in case of emergency or disaster.
Think about it.

Comments