How Many Kids Should You Have?



I wish there was a magic formula for answering just how many kids you should have, but there's none.
It really is just up to you, your spouse, and your situation. There is such a great debate between moms over how many children is the perfect number.

People write articles at great length as to why they believe they know what the perfect number of children is. Others write at great length justifying why they personally had one, two, three, or more children like they feel they have to explain it to everyone. Are you kidding me?!

Ignore anyone and everyone who feels they can tell you how many children you should have.

No one can accurately predict or tell you what the perfect number of children is for you and your family. No one has the right to make you feel guilty for not having more kids or for having 'too many'.
And we, as mothers, need to stop beating each other up over this topic and just understand that what is good for me is not necessarily good for you.

Now that I've said all that, I will tell you exactly how many kids are good for you to have...just kidding.

If you look around your home at your kids and you feel like there should be more, have more. If you look around and feel 'OMGosh...this is it', then maybe that's it for you.

I had four kids and I feel we have a pretty full home. Some days I long for the quiet of the days when I had just one or two, but when I think of not having them all it makes me very sad. If you told me years ago that I would have four kids, I would have called you crazy. I feel very blessed (overwhelmed) and blessed.

You know when you're family feels complete. Block out all the outside voices and listen to yourself. That way you'll never look back and regret your decision and you'll be the parent your kid/kids need.

Comments